THE SEVEN RULES OF REHABILITATION
- June 5, 2018
Rehabilitation centers will obviously vary greatly in terms of the services offered as a part of their treatment program and in terms of the amenities provided at their facilities. Nevertheless, in general, “rehab” is a place where patients receive substance addiction treatment on an inpatient basis.
Below is a list of seven rules that are common to many different rehabilitation facilities:
(1) The cardinal rule of any rehab center is, of course, no drugs or alcohol. Violating this rule is a serious infraction that can threaten the recovery of all patients at the facility. Banned items may include mouthwash, cleaners, and other everyday items that can be abused.
(2) Except for couples that enter rehab together, romantic relationships among residents or between residents and staff are prohibited.
(3) Mandatory attendance at all programs and no unexcused absences.
(4) While not a fully universal rule, many rehab centers forbid the use of cell phones and computers.
(5) Similarly, many rehab centers also prohibit music, movies, and television except where used as part of a therapeutic process.
(6) No harassment or violence among residents or against staff is tolerated.
(7) Information learned about other residents during the treatment program must be kept in confidence.
The supervised detoxification and residential treatment program at Asana Recovery utilizes a variety of different therapy techniques to help those struggling with any stage of addiction. Call us at (949) 438-4504 to learn more about our program and facilities today.