The recovery process is long and undoubtedly some phases of it are more difficult than others. It is vital that you keep moving forward and keep focusing on your sobriety and all the good you are doing for both your body and your life. With the help and support of family and friends, and with a professional treatment facility to guide you through the process, there is every hope of recovery and healing. Try making each one of these inspirational quotations your mantra on a daily basis. Start with whichever one inspires you or motivates you the most and change it up each day. If one is particularly useful to you, feel free to use it for as long as you find it helpful. It can also be a good idea to write these down and post them in places where you can see them throughout the day (on the bathroom mirror, on the refrigerator door, etc.). Let these quotations offer you some extra guidance when things get extra tough.
1.”There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is merely the comparison of one state to the other. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.”—Alexandre Dumas
2. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”―Haruki Murakami
3. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”—Carl Bard
4. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.”―Mary Anne Radmacher
5. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.”– Japanese Proverb
6. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” -Nelson Mandela
7. “The best way out is always through.” -Robert Frost
8. “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer
9. “The mentality and behavior of drug addicts and alcoholics is wholly irrational until you understand that they are completely powerless over their addiction and unless they have structured help, they have no hope.” – Russell Brand
10. “Addiction is just a way of trying to get at something else. Something bigger. Call it transcendence if you want, but it’s like a rat in a maze. We all want the same thing. We all have this hole. The thing you want offers relief, but it’s a trap.”– Tess Callahan
No matter what stage of the recovery process you are currently in, these quotes, when used as daily affirmations, can help to guide and to focus you through the difficult process. While going through addiction recovery it is easy to feel like you are all alone in the world, but quite the opposite is true. At Asana Recovery there is a whole team of professionals here to monitor your physical and mental health and to support you on your journey. Reach out to Asana Recovery on their website or over the phone to learn more about how out detox and residential treatment programs work and which one would be the best fit for your needs. We are here to help you find the solution to your addiction that will work for you.