HOW DRUGS CAN TOTALLY DESTROY YOUR LOOKS AND RUIN YOUR CONFIDENCE
- October 6, 2018
When you look in the mirror, you certainly do not want to see anything unpleasant. Seeing a happy, healthy person staring back at you is definitely a good kickstart to your morning and can boost confidence. Now, imagine if what you saw in the mirror showed nothing but decay and pain. That is how drug addicts can feel once the substances they rely on begin to eat away at their bodies. The fact of the matter is that drugs destroy you mentally and (of course) physically. Here is a look at how these deadly substances can wreak havoc on your body and destroy your self-confidence.
How Do You Become an Addict or an Abuser?
Like people, each drug known to science is unique in appearance and his qualities that distinguish it from others in its class. For example, narcotics induce euphoria and relaxation, while anabolic steroids force the buildup of muscle tissue. However, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), each substance does share one unique trait: the ability to stimulate the release of dopamine in the nervous system. As this neurotransmitter floods the brain and neural pathways, a person will feel a rush or a boost commonly called a “high.” This feeling is what ultimately leads to abuse or addiction.
The End Game Will Cost You Your Good Looks
While you may be tempted to try drugs or have already experimented, keep in mind that your face and body will eventually pay dearly for this decision. Here is a closer look at how some well-known drugs eat away at your appearance:
- Nose bleeding: Crack addicts who snort the drug will eventually destroy their nasal passages, resulting in a decreased sense of smell, nosebleeds, and the rotting of the nasal cartilage.
- Acne breakouts: Steroids will induce terrible bouts of acne. Likewise, crystal meth also causes acne, and a user’s skin will eventually dull and develop sores and pockmarks.
- Hair growth/loss: Women who use steroids will develop an overabundant amount of body and facial hair. Both men and woman will also experience premature baldness.
- Chest problems: Men who frequently use steroids will develop feminine breasts.
- Build: Steroid use can stunt a person’s growth, while meth decreases a person’s appetite, transforming this individual into an emaciated and thin (almost skeletal) shell of their former selves.
- Nasty smile: Using meth results in rotting teeth and foul breath, as well as gum disease.
Always remember that drugs do not have control over your life. You do. Are you suffering from a substance abuse disorder or addiction? Do you have a friend or family member suffering from one or more of these debilitating illnesses? If you do, get in touch with Asana Recovery today. Our counselors and healthcare experts are ready to walk you through every step of the detox and withdrawal process and rehabilitation and guide you towards living a happier, healthier, and freer lifestyle. While the road to recovery might not be an easy road to travel, we promise to help you every step of the way. Take the first step to stay fit, healthy, and safe.
The time for you to take back control of your life is now. If you are interested in one of our residential treatment or supervised detoxification/withdrawal programs, we are ready and waiting to speak with you at your disclosure. Call Asana now at (949) 438-4504 to learn how to overcome your drug addiction troubles today.