RESEDENTIAL DRUG TREATMENT PROGRAMS: WHAT THEY HAVE TO OFFER
- June 16, 2018
Studies show that residential treatment programs show the most long-term success rates compared to any other form of addiction treatments. Although there are hundreds of treatment facilities across the country, there are some traits that seem to be more beneficial for addicts than others.
In addition to 24-hour care, patients need to have open access to several forms of treatment in order to guarantee the best chance of success. These forms are aimed to help the patient both physically and mentally throughout their journey.
- Detox and withdrawal process that is medically supported. Detoxing is one of the most crucial parts of treatment. This is a task that is quite challenging and can be dangerous to the patient. Treatment facilities often use medications to reduce symptoms and make the detoxification process less uncomfortable for patients.
- Maintenance care that is medically supported. The use of medication increases the risk of other side effects, which is why it is imperative for a doctor or a team of professionals to monitor the dosage. A properly maintained medication regiment can often reduce cravings for patients and provide them with more time and clarity to get through the process.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy or other individual therapies. This type of therapy works to help patients developing skills needed to overcome and beat their addiction. First, they will learn to understand the addiction and where it came from. Learning the mental and emotional traits that lead to the addiction will help the patient develop ways to manage their feelings and turn to safer alternatives whenever they are triggered. Family and couples counseling is also used in treatment facilities as a measure for encouraging family members to help support the addict’s new coping skills and behaviors once they return home. It is important that the family is educated on what treatment is and how it works, what to expect once the addict is released, and how they can support them throughout their journey.
- Programs to teach building skills and tools. In addition to treating a patient while inside the facility, it is equally important for the program to focus on successful practice once the individual returns to their life. Treatment facilities that employ coping skills while they are in treatment help patients continue their positive practices and outlooks once released. These strategies are proven successful in helping patients maintain their recovery for months and years following their release from rehab.
- Follow up care. Finding a treatment facility that offers follow-up care is one sure way to guarantee a successful journey through recovery. These systems are designed to work long-term by helping patients develop the skills they need to continue. Once released, these professionals maintain contact with patients to ensure they are continuing their success.
The main goal of a treatment center is to provide patients with knowledge and techniques that will benefit them once they leave the facility. Ensuring these covered topics are in the facility you select for yourself or a loved one will provide you the best chance of long-term success imaginable.
Asana Recovery’s residential treatment is a CARF-accredited program. We have a residential treatment center that provides comprehensive inpatient assistance in either a hospital like setting or in a modern and comfortable non-hospital setting for people who want to take back their lives from addiction and overcome related substance abuse conditions. Asana Recovery also offers medically supervised detox programs when necessary. If you are suffering from the disease of addiction or have a loved one who is struggling, please call us today to discuss your options for recovery. We are available around the clock to help.