WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE INGREDIENTS OF CRYSTAL METH
- February 8, 2019
Whenever you think about the drug crystal meth, we can bet that you aren’t just picturing Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul donning yellow hazmat suits and cooking in a trailer. However, the fact of the matter is that this scenario (while sometimes played for parody) is an all-too-real aspect of the real world. For decades, crystal meth has become a huge problem in the United States not because of the potent nature of the drug but also because of the dangerous environments for cooking. Meth labs are hazardous, deadly locations that can combust with the flick of a match. Even more disturbing, the ingredients used to make this nasty substance are extremely easy to find (ridiculously so). Let’s take a closer look so you can determine if a loved one may be using or making this drug.
Recipe for Disaster
Although Congress passed the Comprehensive Methamphetamine Control Act in 1996, meth makers have still managed to leak this deadly stimulant into cities and towns across the country. What makes the process especially easy is the fact that most of meth ingredients aren’t hard to come by. Here is a closer look at some of these substances:
- Acetone: a flammable substance in nail polish remover and paint thinner
- Ephedrine/Pseudoephedrine: substances in cold medications
- Hydrochloric Acid: a chemical used in the formation of plastic
- Lithium: a toxin in batteries that burns the skin
- Red phosphorous: a substance in matchboxes, road flares, and additional explosive materials
- Toluene: a component of brake fluid
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye): a corrosive substance that dissolves roadkill
- Sulfuric Acid: a dangerous, corrosive material that is found in drain and toilet cleaners
Is Someone Using My House?
While this information is well and good, how (you may be wondering) can I determine if my loved one is making crystal meth in their house? Again, the tools used to make meth can be extremely cheap, but you can definitely spot foul play from a mile away. Here is what to look out for:
- A harsh smell of ammonia
- Camping fuel
- Smoke detectors that have been dismantled
- Randomly placed funnels
- Excessive quantities of cat litter
- A lineup of mason jars and hot plates
- An unusually large stock of cold medication
- Plastic tubing
- Red-colored/stained coffee filters
Seeking Treatment for Crystal Meth Addiction
Crystal meth might easily be one of the most dangerous substances on the planet, and it can easily trigger one of the most severe forms of addiction recorded. Although this nasty drug can reach into your brain and take control, you can always find a way to break away from it. Meth does not have control over your life. Only you can determine what your future holds. With the right resources and a little bit of courage, healing is just a giant step away.
If you are suffering from a severe case of opioid use disorder or have a friend or loved one who is coping with this illness, get in touch with Asana Recovery today. Our professional team of counselors and healthcare experts will help you endure the painful process detox and withdrawal and guide you through each step of the rehabilitation process to help you separate yourself from these deadly painkillers.
If you want to find out more about our residential treatment or supervised detoxification/withdrawal programs or enroll in one of these programs today, we are ready and waiting to speak with you at your leisure and your disclosure. Call Asana now at (949) 438-4504 to learn how you can overcome your attachment to opioids and take an essential step against the Opioid Crisis.