CREATING YOUR OWN SOBRIETY TOOLBOX
- April 30, 2020
A sobriety toolbox can be anything to help you prevent relapse. So here are ideas for creating your own sobriety toolbox.
Creating Your Own Sobriety Toolbox
A “sobriety toolbox” is any defense that you can go to or use in order to prevent a relapse back into addiction, as well as maintain your sobriety. Below is a list of things you can opt to use in your own personal journey towards a sober lifestyle:
- Inspirational Smart Apps: These apps can be helpful when you feel good, bad, stressed, depressed, challenged, and even furious. Sometimes a simple inspirational quote can make you feel solid again.
- Sobriety Calculator: Our Sobriety Calculator is a great reminder to your cause and why it’s so important to maintain your sobriety. Count down from years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and even seconds!
- Lemon Infused Hot Water/Herbal Teas/Fruit Infused Water: Be sure to stay hydrated! These drinks are known to be mood boosters to your neurotransmitters. They create a calm, happy, and tranquil feeling as well as aid in lowering blood pressure, improved digestion, and promoting better concentration.
- Prayer: Prayer can be powerful in moving you into a positive mindset. Clear negative thought toxins from a spiritual level to change your outlook at a given moment.
- Art Therapy: Drawing and painting, singing, dancing, and writing; these are forms of art that allow you to express yourself. Use your creativity and imagination to practice self evaluation and introspection.
- Aromatherapy Using Essential Oils: These home remedies can be helpful and pleasant at the same time. Known as alternative medicine or a holistic approach, the aromatic scents provide a benefit to your mental, physical, and spiritual health and wellbeing.
- Exercise: Exercise has many benefits as a sobriety tool such as reducing stress, promoting cardiovascular health, reducing food cravings, as well as improve the quality of your sleep. A brief workout session leaves you with a more positive attitude where you focus less on things that bother or irritate you.
- Healing Hobbies: Take up a new hobby or explore an activity that you’ve always wanted to try! ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response), gardening, a new sport, cooking, building a sculpture, or simply enjoying a good book.
Those are just a few ideas for creating your own sobriety toolbox. At Asana Recovery, we understand how difficult recovering from these addictions through our daily work to help those struggling most from this disease. While some may believe they can make it alone, rehabilitation programs are essential in the fight to break dependency. The road ahead is not a smooth or easy one, but you can traverse it if done so with the support of the right team. Counseling and aftercare processes can assist you by addressing the psychological facets that led you to addition and help you build a structure from which to better cope with life without succumbing to addiction.
The supervised detoxification and residential treatment programs at Asana Recovery are offered in a supportive, relaxing, and inspiring environment. We’re deeply committed to ensuring your long-term recovery, and guiding you on your path to a healthier and happier future. There is no better time than now, and we’re always available to speak with you. Call us at (949) 438-4504 to learn more about our comprehensive drug and alcohol addiction treatment program today.